- Interview: Fantasy art legend Michael Whelan relates his vision of Deathwing
- Battle of Helm’s Deep recreated in Lego
- Game of Thrones House Icons
- Gintoki Sakata, Harley Quinn, Juri Han, Lux, and Naruto cosplay from CosGeek
- Isaac Newton vs Rube Goldberg
- Star Wars Propaganda
- Steve Bialik re-envisions your favorite Star Wars characters as ancient Japanese feudal artwork with intriguing results
- 16 Famous Science Fiction Quotes that Make Excellent Pick-Up Lines
- Why Gandalf Is the Most Overrated Wizard Ever (I disagree.)
- Interview: Check out the new Hollywood Reporter roundtable interview with Quentin Tarantino, David O. Russell, Gus Van Sant, Ang Lee, Ben Affleck and Tom Hooper, in which the directors discuss tough onset moments, “difficult” brothers, navigating temper tantrums, early retirement plans and more.
- Interview: Christopher Nolan Talks All About Heath Ledger’s Joker
- Interview: ‘Man of Steel:’ Visual Effects Supervisor Joe Letteri discusses his part in Visualizing a modern day Superman
- Interview: MTV asks Russell Crowe about his role in Man of Steel.
- Interview: Peter Jackson on Why He Expanded ‘The Hobbit’ Into 3 Parts
- Interview: Playlist has a fantastic interview with Christopher Nolan about the development and thought behind his Batman films. It’s a must read.
- Interview: Wired posted an interview with Iron Man 3 director Shane Black and star Don Cheadle, talking about the tech of the film.
- Review: Lower your expectations for The Hobbit
- 6 Badguys Who Would Make Better JUSTICE LEAGUE Villains
- The 100 Best Sci-Fi Movies of All Time, as chosen by Popular Mechanics
- Commentary Commentary: Film School Rejects posts things “learned from the commentary tracks of an iconic movie”
- Dreamworks animator David Stodolny has created this seriously twisted Hunger Games animated parody called “Games of Hunger.”
- Ever stop to think what it must be like to be a Ringwraith? I mean, they spend their days being out-witted by little people in the employ of a dark lord. That’s gotta be a downer. And now, thanks to The Clarkson Twins, you can see things from their point of view in The Fellowship of the Ringwraiths
- Grierson & Leitch’s Year In Review: The Year’s Best Scenes
- Here’s a photo of Harrison Ford in the upcoming Ender’s Game, continuing his trend towards finally playing roles that are age-appropriate.
- How Much We Care About Star Wars, Over Time
- Side-by-Side Comparisons Reveal The Magic of Motion Capture
- Time Magazine calls Cloud Atlas the Worst Film of 2012. WTF? Here’s 11 Reasons Why ‘Cloud Atlas’ is Not the Worst Movie of 2012.
- Why are Pixar movies so good?
- Why the Drive-in Should Be Resurrected, and Who Should Do It
- Interview: 5 Questions with Clay and Susan Griffith of The Kingmakers.
- Interview: Cherie Priest: The Five Question Interview
- Interview: The Daily Fig sits down for a chat with authors Holly Black of Black Heart and Julie Kagawa of The Lost Prince.
- Interview: Daniel José Older discusses his anthology, Salsa Nocturna
- Interview: Geek Planet interviews Rosa Montero
- Interview: Weird Fiction Review interviews Livia Llewellyn of Engines of Desire.
- Andrew Piper: Turning Pages Is Important, Therefore Reading Ebooks Isn’t Reading
- The Future as Predicted by Peter F. Hamilton
- The Lord of the Rings Project collects and analyzes data on all the characters inhabiting Middle Earth, to produce statistical comparisons of life expectancy, age distribution, population, and more.
- Throw Out the Rules and Read the Grimm Tales
- Your Heart Is a Weapon the Size of Your Fist: an essay discussing Love as a Political Act in the Hunger Games series.
- Infographic: Stopping the Dead – the Walking Dead series so far
- Interview: Behind The Scenes With “Star Trek’s” Jonathan Frakes
- Interview: Doctor Who, Daleks, and Big Finish with Nicholas Briggs
- 2 Good 2 Be 4Gotten: An Oral History of Freaks and Geeks
- 9 Reasons Republicans Love The Walking Dead
- The Mirror Frakked: Reflections on Battlestar Galactica
- Steven Moffat: 5 Reasons To Love Him and 5 Reasons To Hate Him
- Watch Every Season Three Walking Dead Zombie Kill in Two Minutes
- Interview: Tomb Raider’s Creative director on Creating a new open Tomb Raider game with a linear storyline.
- 10 Awesome Facts You Never Knew About Classic 8-Bit Video Games
- The Best PC and Mac games: 2012′s 20 most essential games
- Daniel Starkey writes about how playing FemShep in Mass Effect brought him closer to his sci-fi loving single mom.
- Game Theory: Are Video Games Addictive?
- This is a video of a game which replicates Portal’s physics system in 2 dimensions on the TI-83 graphic calculator. The game was developed by a 20 year old student studying game design. A download link is available here.
- Why Copyright Shouldn’t Be Considered Property… And Why A Return To 1790 Copyright May Be Desirable
- Why Women Writers Still Take Men’s Names