- Alan Bao re-imagines The March of Progress to include Cthulhu
- A bedroom fit for a Time Lord: Dr Who fan spends £980 building a TARDIS in his parents’ garden
- Guillermo del Toro’s Pacific Rim robot blueprints
- The new IMAX posters for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey are beautiful.
- Library Paints Hobbit Door Over Entrance
- Spaceship Skeletal Survey re-imagines the Serenity with a skeleton.
- Interview: Interview With ‘Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn’ Executive Producers Josh Feldman and Lydia Antonini
- Interview: Producer Kevin Feige Talks Iron Man 3 and how it will fit into the Marvel film universe alongside The Avengers
- News: No Avengers In Iron Man 3, But It’s Not A “Serious” Movie
- News: Shawn Levy to Produce Sci-Fi Thriller STORY OF YOUR LIFE
- In elf ears and wizard hats, Hobbit fans rejoice at New Zealand premiere.
- The Onion AV club looks at 13 movie opening title sequences that are far better than the movies they’re attached to.
- Interview: Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson on being a living meme
- Interview: Neil Patrick Harris on his YouTube show ‘Neil’s Puppet Dreams’: ‘I have a puppet workshop in my garage’
- Japan’s ninjas heading for extinction… Japan’s ninjas are a dying breed, but when they are gone the trade will be able to claim its well deserved place in mythology.
- Star Trek’s Michael Dorn (Worf), Brent Spiner (Data), and Scott Bakula (Captain Archer) share a moment in the kitchen for Patrick Stewart’s son’s birthday. He tweeted, “My birthday catering company sucks. Do NOT hire these guys.” Via
- When Neil Patrick Harris dreams, he dreams in puppet: Episode One of Neil’s Puppet Dreams “The Lullabye“. Bonus: Episode Two “Behind The Scenes“.
- Why collecting toys is like a heroin addiction
- Infographic: What The Future Will Look Like, According To Famous Sci-Fi
- Interview: Complications, intrigue and blowing stuff up with Jim Butcher
- Interview: The Finnish author Hannu Rajaniemi tells SFX‘ about his new novel, themes of identity and how he’s inspired by The Arabian Nights
- Interview: Interview with Rustin Petrae, of the dark fantasy ‘Cat’s Paw’
- Interview: Jeri Westerson, of Blood Lance and the Crispin Guest Book Series
- Interview: Orbit interviews Iain M. Banks of The Hydrogen Sonata
- Interview: Steven Erikson: I’m Not Competing With George R. R. Martin
- Interview: Sword & Laser chats with Patrick Rothfuss
- Interview: Sword & Laser author guide to Jim Butcher of Cold Days
- Interview: Tor interviews Cherie Priest author of The Inexplicables.
- 21 Classic Opening Lines in Books
- Hipster Lit Flowchart: What Should I Read Next
- A Letter From Harry Dresden
- N.K. Jemisin on the Significance of Octavia E. Butler’s “Dawn”
- Seven Science Fiction Novels for People Unfamiliar with Science Fiction
- Interview: In an interview on NPR today, Mars Science Laboratory Principal Investigator John Grotzinger said a recent soil sample test in the SAM instrument (Sample Analysis at Mars) shows something “earthshaking.” They just can’t tell us what it is yet.
- Let’s make sure he WON’T be back! Cambridge to open ‘Terminator centre’ to study threat to humans from artificial intelligence
- A report was recently released suggesting a pre-emptive ban on fully autonomous weapons – robots that can pick and choose whom to fire on. If this sounds vaguely alarming to you, don’t worry – the Department of Defense issued a directive indicating that fully automous robots may only decide to tase you.
- Scientists investigate chances of robots taking over
- Interview: Doctor Who: Christopher Eccleston on the 50th anniversary
- Interview: Jenna-Louise Coleman talks about the Doctor’s new companion
- Interview: Skybound Entertainment Founder Robert Kirkman Talks Comics, Video Games And The Walking Dead
- 10 Television Cliffhangers That Make Great Series Finales
- Game of Thrones as a Seinfeld Sitcom
- Swiper no Swiping!: The Demonology of Dora the Explorer
- Infographic: 37 years of video game history organized by genre and platform
- Interview: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 interview: Treyarch studio head Mark Lamia on avoiding the sci-fi feel
- News: Man breaks record for longest gaming session, clocks 135 hours
- News: Video Games With Female Main Characters Get 40 Percent Of The Ad Budgets Of Male-Led Games
- David Gaider (writer for the dragon age series) about why the female perspective in game development is important.
- Halo 4 multiplayer tips and tricks: The best weapon, armour and mod tactics
- MoMA Adds Video Games to Its Collection
- The Walking Dead zombie bikini calendar
- What I Learned Building a Video-Game Studio
- Women in the gaming industry have taken to twitter to talk about the sexism they’ve faced under the hashtag #1reasonwhy