- Calvin and Hobbes: The Video Game
- Etsy’s GeekyGamerShop is selling super-geeky bowties. The Minecraft Creeper Bow is my personal favorite, but you can’t go wrong with one featuring the guy Who made the bow tie cool again.
- Super Mario Bros Fish Tank
- You know you’re marrying a cool chick when she let’s you have a Minecraft Wedding.
- The cover of Every Issue of the Avengers for your browsing pleasure… if you can enjoy browsing comics without a middle aged man in a ponytail snarking at you from behind the trading card counter.
- Sherlock’s Benedict Cumberbatch and Steven Moffat Visit Marvel Comics
- A Queer Primer to Joss Whedon: Kevin Sparrow at In Our Words examines how “[Joss'] work addresses a particularly queer audience and our issues.”
- Interview: THE AVENGERS villain Tom Hiddleston on Loki’s God Complex
- Interview: Is Ridley Scott the most macho man in movies? His cinematic CV is unparalleled. Yet the Alien director is still obsessed with beating his rivals.
- Interview: Michael Dorn wants to write and star in a low-budget Trek movie
- How It Should Have Ended: The Avengers. isn’t as funny as past episodes, but it’s still pretty on-the-nose.
- “The question of whether or not Cobb’s top falls doesn’t really matter.” Kyle Johnson, Assistant Professor of Philosophy, gives a detailed, multi-layered analysis of Inception as part of Authors@Google talks. Very insightful and interesting, even if you think he’s dead wrong.
- Red Queen/White Queen: A belated defense of Burton’s Alice
- ‘Star Wars’ 35th Anniversary: Jon Favreau, Eli Roth & 13 Other Filmmakers On How George Lucas’ Classic Influenced Them
- Watch the Phoenix Comicon 2012 Star Wars vs Star Trek Commercial
- Zombie fans, this is the most ominous real-life tweet you’ll ever read.
- Ever get hungry reading / watching Game of Thrones? You might want to pick up A Feast of Ice and Fire, written by the folks behind Inn at the Crossroads, a popular food blog based on A Song of Ice and Fire.
- Hack The Cover: “an essay for book lovers and designers curious about where the cover has been, where it’s going, and what the ethos of covers means for digital book design.”
- Weekly Whedon: Bored? Try A ‘Buffy’ Book!
- With today’s current book buying and reading habits, where bookbuyers browse local shops then buy online and universities move the books out of their libraries, Tony Sanfilippo imagines book stores of a different sort, part bookstore with new and used books, part lending library, part something more. Inside Higher Ed’s Scott McLemee puts the idea into historic context, including Sanfilippo’s childhood experiences with lending libraries of suburban Chicago.
- Interview: James Marsters talks about auditioning for True Blood.
- News: Doctor Who sci-fi drama moves to new Wales studio
- News: It’s over for Canadian sci-fi series Sanctuary
- 10 TV Episodes that Changed Television
- The 20 Lamest Looking Aliens from the Various Star Trek Series leaves me amazed by Topless Robot’s restraint at stopping at just twenty.
- Fantastic Voyage: “Doctor Who,” “Community,” and the passionate fan raises the question Is new Doctor Who more literary than old Doctor Who?
- Smith And Cumberbatch Present Steven Moffat With BAFTA’s Special Award
- More pics of Matt Smith carrying the Olympic Torch!
- The top 10 Liz Two Moments on Doctor Who
- Aperture: Lab Ratt is a Portal fan film so good Valve should make it official
- At first, bears in Skyrim were only another obstacle to be dealt with. Now, the bears are a force to be reckoned with.
- BeamNG, the team responsible for Rigs of Rods, show off their soft-body physics innovations in CryENGINE 3.
- Diablo III: The Unofficial Novelisation
- Stop what you’re doing. There is an Awesome Game of Thrones Video Game. You Can Play it Right Now. Go now.